Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What to do with your in season Zucchini and Corn!

This was a serious recipe! I was going to cream the corn I had left over from the farmers market this weekend. But who knew, there is cream in creamed corn...yeah. I just thought that was a term for blending the corn into a cream. Hey, I said I was a Domestic Goddess IN TRAINING didn't I? So I was on AllRecipes.com and found a section devoted to corn since it's in season. I found this awesome recipe. Warning: This recipe is not for the faint of heart...no really, I mean it, you cook in bacon fat. Someone could have a heart attack on this dish! They would have a smile on their face while having it, but hey...you have been warned.
I took this recipe and also added some of the bell peppers that I have been stock piling, about one cup. I then served it with a side of brown rice. Everyone loved it!

Here is the recipe: Corn and Zucchini Medley
Here is the article on corn recipes: http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Corn-in-the-USA/Detail.aspx

Don't have any of these seasonal goodies? Support your local farmers market. So much fresher and usually so much cheaper than the grocery.

No comments:

Post a Comment