Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Making a Baby Too Cute Tutu!

I was playing around with some tulle I had laying around the house and decided to make a tutu for my daughter a while ago, I figured that all I had to do was take tulle and sew it to the elastic. I found out that when you do that, it stretches out the elastic and made the tutu way too big for her. So I put it away. The past few days we have been working on the house and arranged my office so that I can look after my daughter while getting work done. My dear daughter (DD) found the tutu out of all of the confusion and put it on. She is almost 17 months, but I found this genius! She looked sooo cute! I couldn't help but bring her outside to take some pictures.
I have learned how to make tutus since this trial. There are all different ways. But the easiest I found was taking 3" wide by double whatever length you want the tutu to be. Get a nice thick ribbon, cut it by making sure you have enough to go around your child and tie into a bow. Take the tulle strips by the middle and tie them to the ribbon. Keep tying the tulle strips to the ribbon until your desired fullness. You can mix and match tulle colors to get some great effects! Tulle is so cheap as well so this is a fun and inexpensive project for you and your little ones!
Papermart has some great deals on tulle and all sorts of packaging products!
http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=10850&SubGroupID=10851&ParentGroupID=19005#10851

No comments:

Post a Comment